- Preparing reports, designs and drawings
- Providing technical advice
- Monitoring and inspecting work undertaken by contractors. Exact Structures Ltd is an approved NHBC timber frame certifier.
- Administering contracts
- Managing projects
- Attend site visits and meetings
- Inspecting structures for conversion or defects (cracking, subsidence, damp etc.)
- Trial pits to inspect existing ground conditions/foundations
- Expert Witness for legal disputes and insurance
Party Wall Surveying
The party wall act 1996 deals with party walls and other related issues. We are able to act on behalf of property owners or adjoining property owners to find a reasonable solution as practicable.
Exact Structures acts as a point of contact for the various parties involved in the project, coordinating the works as required. We work with private clients and contractors to ensure the smooth running of the project.
We are able to undertake a number of structural surveys including:
- Conditional surveys – which looks at the condition of the property, defects, structural movement of the substructure (foundations), damp, storm damage and damage due to animals.
- Barn conversion surveys – this looks at whether an existing barn can be converted into a dwelling under the appropriate Regulations
- Sub-Standard survey – this would be used in buying and selling properties or for insurance purposes
Structural design and detailing utilising many different materials including;
- Steelwork – steel framed buildings, steel beams, steel columns, sway/portal frames, bridges, balconies balustrades, staircases and connection details
- Timber – timber frame buildings, walls, floors, roofs, trusses, beams, columns and footbridges
- Concrete – foundations, slabs, retaining walls, reinforcement scheduling, ground beams, beams, lintels, columns, pile caps, floor planks, bespoke precast units
- Masonry – walls, columns, arches, lintels, retaining walls
- Glass – balustrading, screens and shop fronts
- Temporary works
We are able to provide a wide range of services to support the work of civil engineering services. Our services include:
- Highway design and structures
- Drainage design including strategy
- Soak-away design
- Flood risk assessments.